Sunday, September 4, 2022

"Biden the Fascist" by Jenny Holland

 

Biden the Fascist

The old grifter stood in front of his Satanic set design, calling the working class 'fascists.' That speech was truly terrifying.

I'm still an atheist. But I pray for America today.

I couldn’t watch the whole speech. I watched a few snippets and read the transcript published on The New York Times website. Truth be told, the photograph alone was enough to fill me with dread. I keep trying to cheer myself up by saying ‘the worst hasn’t happened! Maybe it won’t!” Then something happens. Something that reveals a little bit more of the venal, sociopathic gaslighting that we are constantly being subjected to these days.

Saving Culture (from itself) is a reader-supported publication. To receive new posts and support my work, consider becoming a free or paid subscriber.

I was a fan of Biden during the Obama years, when — I’m ashamed to admit — I switched off a bit from current affairs because I was one of those dummies who thought that Obama being president meant the culture wars were over. (Also, my life was falling apart, but that’s no excuse for my wilful blindness.)

Then, in early 2020, I learned that in 2013 Hunter Biden, that noted business titan, had hitched a ride on his father’s taxpayer-funded plane on a trip to China. It wasn’t just a fun family holiday. According to NBC, Hunter went on the trip in order to form “a Chinese private equity company that associates said at the time was planning to raise big money, including from China.” Talk about failing up. Talk about white privilege.

Share

I was done. I saw the grift. It was finally clear to me that the Democrats were just as bad as any orange mess the Republicans had ever vomited onto the carpet. 

Since then, my opinion of the Biden and his scourge of a family has only gone down. Except where before I had just contempt, now I have fear. Not of Biden. Biden is just a puppet. A senile, corrupt, perverted puppet. My fear is of whoever his handlers are. Because there is no way that abomination of a speech last night was staged ineptly, or accidentally, or without anyone on staff noticing its obvious fascist overtones. My credulity simply does not stretch that far.  Last night’s speech was a message. And that message was: America as we thought we knew her, has ceased to exist. 

The staging was just so utterly fascistic, so Nazi-esque, so very V for Vendetta, so Sith Lord that there is no other possible explanation than they are trying to tell us who they are. And as if to spit in our lying eyes, there the old grifter stood in front of his Satanic set design, calling the working class men and women, and the few political representatives they have, fascists.

“They live, not in the light of truth but in the shadow of lies” said the ancient man, his waxy yellow-hued face contrasted with the sinister black and red backdrop and the silhouettes of military men standing guard.

There was no light, and certainly no truth to be found in that moment. None at all.

Forgive my cynicism, but for a family synonymous with serious dysfunction, tragedy, crack addiction and political corruption, this abomination of a President’s pledging his word “as a Biden” rings quite hollow.

His terrible speechwriters, just to gaslight us further, threw in a few lines that were meant to reassure us that Biden is so reasonable, so non-partisan. The problem is not, he emphasised, “mainstream Republicans.” No, no. He’s been on the take with those guys for years. They belong to the same country clubs. They are totally cool. Mitch McConnell and his wife are worth an estimated £30 million. So Reasonable! Liz Cheney, scion of the Great Freedom-Bringer Dick Cheney, was funded by Blackstone Group and Comcast. At least until Wyoming voters who were literally Hitler booted her out office. 

It’s those moms and dads at school board meetings. It’s those weird My Pillow fanatics insisting dead people should not vote. They must be stopped.

I feel the need to translate the new uni party doublespeak, in case you are not yet fluent. "Mainstream Republicans" means “the same as Democrats” which is another term for the taxpayer-funded, elected representatives of global monopoly capital. 

"Threat to the country,” meanwhile, means normal citizens, some conservative, some not, who are angry at corruption and incompetence of their very expensive government.

Maybe I’m taking the speech too seriously, but I’ve lost my usual sass. The only small silver lining I could grasp at was that maybe I’m wrong. Instead of actual global fascists being responsible for that abomination last night, it was, in fact, the work of a witless fan Goth High Camp dialled up to Liberace levels.  And today all Joe’s staff are panicking because they accidentally made themselves look like Nazis.

Either way, how did liberal America -- my own people -- aid and abet this monstrosity? I’m planning on writing at length about that for next week. 


Source: Saving Culture (from itself)

No comments:

Post a Comment